Simple Key Lime Pie

Leave a Comment

Today is Pi Day! It snuck on me so quickly which is surprising since it's my favorite March holiday. Luckily I have the perfect pie recipe in my back pocket. 
This has become one of my favorite "I need to bring a dish" recipes. It is so incredibly simple to make and it's always a hit. What I love most about this recipe is that it is so versatile. Key Lime is my favorite way to make this recipe, however Chris loves when I make strawberry pie. To change the flavors of the pie all you need to do is change the jello and yogurt used in the recipe.


What is needed:
1 .32oz box of lime jello
1/3 cup hot water
2 6oz cups of Key Lime Pie yogurt
1 8oz tub of whipped cream
Graham cracker pie crust


First you need to take the jello powder and dissolve it into your hot water. 


After the powder is completely dissolved you need to fold in both cups of yogurt and the whipped cream. 


When the mixture is thoroughly mixed together, pour it into the pie crust. 

Put this into the refrigerator and let it set for no less than four hours. The longer you let this pie set the better chances you will have of  nice clean slices when you cut the pie to serve. 


How easy is that? To dress this desert up in the past, I have also prepared the filling and then chilled it in the bowl instead of in the pie dish. After the filling is chilled, scoop it into a pastry bag or a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Squeeze the filling into mini pyllo cups that can be found in the frozen section of the grocery store near the frozen pie crust. I then garnished them with a little sprinkle of crushed graham crackers. 
What is your favorite dish to bring to parties? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading and have a slice of pie this Pi Day!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment